Fuel bottles for the heaters

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
DrivingDutchman

Re: Fuel bottles for the heaters

Post by DrivingDutchman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 pm

That is very true Robin, didn't think off that. But personaly, I wouldn't want a diesel container inside the living area. But that is me... :wink:

Michiel
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
RobW

Post by RobW » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:03 am

It's a fair point, but otherwise it's going in the engine bay and there's not a lot of room plus the battery is under that part of the bed too. The vent can go out next to the exhaust: I'm more concerned with CO than diesel!
DrivingDutchman

Post by DrivingDutchman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi,

Finaly made some pictures...
This is my setup for the heater fuel.
Hope it is clear enough to get the idea...

Michiel
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1969 109 sw dormobile Dora
1996 overland defender sw 110 Nellie
1962 109 sw safari diesel Hannie (sold)
1973 88 series 3 soft top in various bits on the drive...
RobW

Post by RobW » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:45 pm

G'day Chaps, I have just noticed this post, although I can't put up pictures it's easy to explain. My 109 is a 24vvolter with a lift up roof and rear ladder off an old gas board van.
Now as most will know the military 109 has rear bumperettes, this means the bottom of the ladder on the n/s can be bolted to the rear bumperettes which is mainly used for washing the roof etc. Sat on the ridge in the centre of the bumperettes I have mounted a flat plate which a lawn mower fuel tank is mounted on, now before people go bonkers this small fuel tank holds red diesel that runs through a flexi hose that's clipped to new copper brake pipe.
Now this copper brake pipe runs to the front of my 109 under the n/s wheel arch very much like a normal car but instead of feeding the brakes it feeds my diesel heater that found it's way off a scrap truck. Now I won't go into details but I now have central heating that's ran off the two 12 volt batteries that are used for when camping.

The two 12volt batteries couple together for the 24 volt standard 24 volt system of the truck although could be used in an emergency are solely for the petrol motor up front with quite a few mods. I could go on but it's getting late and I am wacked due to my health issue's.

I must add I am well known in the landrover circles but unfortunately don't know how to put up pictures :shrug: , but what I can say is the truck is known well or maybe it is just me being an ageing Hippy an all :wink: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .