My enthusiasm rekindled

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
yakcam

My enthusiasm rekindled

Post by yakcam » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:57 pm

A big thank you to all who helped rekindle my enthusiasm for Land Rover campers at the LRO show at Peterborough this last weekend.

This dormant disease resurfaces every time I get close to Carawagons and Dormobiles and the enthusiastic owners thereof.

I had placed some posts on the Forum a year or so ago about finding a classic Land Rover camper for sale but 'didn't pursue that goal to any conclusion.

May be I should start again by asking if any one knows of a Carawagon or Dormobile for sale or by looking for the Carawagon, DPO 281G, I owned back in the 1983. The DVLA web site shows it to last be taxed in 2000 but that the registration still exists. I've uploaded some photos of DPO 281G, maybe it will jog some memories and help me locate it again?

Would be pleased and grateful to hear from anyone with information.

With kind regards.
Attachments
gearbox coming out
gearbox coming out
At home with broken layshaft in gearbox
At home with broken layshaft in gearbox
Land Rover Carawagon DPO 281G 004.jpg (310.79 KiB) Viewed 7269 times
At Kilverstone wild life park Thetford and off road in the Dengie peninsular. Spring 1983
At Kilverstone wild life park Thetford and off road in the Dengie peninsular. Spring 1983
yakcam

Re: My enthusiasm rekindled

Post by yakcam » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:22 pm

Where did January go? Its me again and still wanting to find a Dormobile or Carawagon for some new adventures.

Shame, my old carawagon DPO 281G must be resting in places unknown to all you enthusiasts out there.

Would appreciate any knowledge anyone has about other vehicles for sale please.

I'm going to be moving house in March this year but could take on a project vehicle after that time.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

With thanks and kind regards.

Chris
Peaceand

Post by Peaceand » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Chris,
Sorry I missed this post the first time round, those are some nice photos!

It's hopefully tucked away in somebodies workshop being slowly restored, if it (or any other similar vehicles) crop up on ebay and other sites I'm sure somebody will spot it and post it on here.

I've had a quick look online but can only find what you already know - Tax due: 01 March 2000

You could try a V888 form to the DVLA with the justification of 'personal interest as a previous owner' or something like that?
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -a-vehicle

Good luck with your search!

Patrick
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
yakcam

Post by yakcam » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks Patrick,

I'll keep looking.

Cheers

Chris
yakcam

Post by yakcam » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Funny how things come around sometimes when you're least expecting them.

I had previously posted some pictures of DPO 281G a Carawagon I owned back in the 1980's.

My sister recently found some more photos that I had forgotten about so I thought I would post them to share with fellow enthusiasts.(they are photos of photos!!

My sister commented about the photo of me tinkering under the bonnet and remarked that I was still doing the same many years later albeit with my Dormobile AKM 217K

Best regards

Chris
Attachments
Kilverstone wildlife park 1983
Kilverstone wildlife park 1983
tinkering
tinkering