Camping with my 110 County

Please post your photos and descriptions of your Carawagon, Dormobile or Camper here.
County25
Info: NSW Australia

Camping with my 110 County

Post by County25 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:22 pm

A few camping and transit photos
I mostly travel with a small group (not all Landrovers) and our camp set ups are pretty basic, usually somewhere in a National Park or a free camping ground near small towns.
Eucumbene Dam, Snowy Mountains NSW 2019
Eucumbene Dam, Snowy Mountains NSW 2019
Deua National Park NSW 2019
Deua National Park NSW 2019
A little help getting home 2020
A little help getting home 2020
Yass NSW 2019
Yass NSW 2019
jkhackney
Info: It's not misspelled, it's American

Re: Camping with my 110 County

Post by jkhackney » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 am

That's a very cool pop-up roof. Can you give details?

[EDIT] Aha! I see it's in the other thread ! I'll post / read over there!

Jeremy
County25
Info: NSW Australia

Re: Camping with my 110 County

Post by County25 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:03 am

Hi Jeremy,

Glad you like it. It was a bit of a wreck when I got it a few years ago and so I have patched it up to get it back on the road and do some trips. It had lots of rust so body wise it is a little rough having had a pretty hard life it seems. It has a 3.5 V8, 5 speed gearbox and goes pretty well some days, and not so well some other days, but I just keep at it. I am not restoring it as I doubt I would ever finish, so I just keep replacing bits as required.

Unfortunately, I don't have any information on the pop top (brand, when it was fitted etc) and have been trying, unsuccessfully, to identify it for the last few years. It is simple to use by undoing four clamps inside and then pushing it up. Everything works okay but the front roof fabric has suffered some mildew damage and leaks at the front in heavy rain. Once up, the split bed platform can be slipped into place. One limitation (of probably many) is that the bedding can't be left in place when it is pulled back down, which is a bit inconvenient, especially if it is raining.
Anyway, it is a lot of fun and I try to spend nearly as much time driving it as I do working on it (but who is keeping track of such things).

Regards

Chris
DSCN1414.JPG
DSCN1412.JPG