Records

Anything about Classic Land Rover Campers
Bea
Location: In the longest village name in England, North Yorkshire

Re: Records

Post by Bea » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:43 am

Jabbawocky wrote:Hi Phil

Hope this gearbox last long enough for me to save up enough money to pay for s 5 speed gearbox and Ashcroft conversion. Plan is to take Barney off the road next Easter and fit the five speed. As the engine has to go forward, the Mazda engine is an option as it is 4" shorter than the TDi.
Hello Mick,

OMG! 5 speed, Mazda, getting a long way from a 6 Pot!

Did I hear you have a Carawagon as well now?

Kind regards
Phil
Bea - 1961 Series 2A LWB SW Dormobile 2.25 Petrol
Bea
Location: In the longest village name in England, North Yorkshire

Post by Bea » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:20 pm

RMS wrote:IAll 4 of ours are marked as RHD Export so I suspect that like the MW ones, those destined for MW or Searle for conversion were marked as such :shrug:

It might also be interesting to find out how many 5 door were sent to Searle - we've only seen 4 or 5 LWB SW Carawagons pop up in the last few years including Patrick's, so they must be uber-rare!
Anecdotally Robin, from memory when I was slogging through the factory records I seem to remember a fair few Export SW being listed as going to Searle particularly 6 Pots, indeed i think I am on record somewhere as suggesting that most of the 1967 export chassis run went to either MW or Searle, I think there may be more 5 doors out there than you think!
DanC wrote:Phil, I messages you details of mine a while back. Any details you have from Gaydon would be useful, my understanding is it was registered in jan/feb 1962, would like to know when it went to MW.

Sorry Dan, been off the forums for a good 18 months, just settling back into a life on good old Yorkshire dry land again, will see what old PM I can find and try to respond or may be quicker to resend me your chasis number and I'll have a look.
richardhill wrote:Very interested to read your post.
I have owned 26203628B fo a very long time now, originally as a family camper, then used as a mobile workshop in the dales for 18 years!, then arrived foot and mouth and moved to Italy where it has been converted to 200Tdi and 5 speed and is awaiting return to the road as a camper.
You can update your records but I intend to keep it and am looking for a cemetery where I can be buried in it (eventually).
Think I vaguely remember seeing yours round and about from when I was working out of Chapel le Dale in 2000 to 2003, will check the chassis number and get back to you.

kind regards
Phil
Bea - 1961 Series 2A LWB SW Dormobile 2.25 Petrol
richardhill
Info: Italian Dormobile owner

Post by richardhill » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 am

Hi Danc
nice to see a picture i havent seen before.
Remember the campsite well, no toilets, no facilities, typically Italian!
Dick
DanC

Post by DanC » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:20 pm

Sounds perfect Dick? If you want me to send the photo back drop me a pm with your address mate ;)
'The Wagon' 1962 Martin Walters Dormobile, 2.25 Petrol
'Bessy' 1965 2.25 88" diesel
'Daisy' 1958 2.25 88" diesel