LRCC to the rescue

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

LRCC to the rescue

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:12 pm

G'day chaps, i just feel i had to make it public of what went on at my attempt of a museum and the place i call my home when members of the said forum arrived this morning full of the joys of spring and the feelings of what people get when attending landrover shows :wink: .

Yes man hugs and a firm handshake from what resembles an aging silver back gorilla come hippy from years gone by was the order of the beginning of what turned out to be a fantastic day for me at least anyway :nana: but it is a long story so i,ll cut it short but just need to show my appreciation of went on at my abode will i became the tea and coffee maker to keep those doing the work full of energy.

I have needed a lean to at the side of my garage since my big move knowing the sheets covering my landrover engines and trinkets was not really doing a good job and the fact i have been knocking up shelving and benches to play on and stand my trinkets off the floor building a lean to was just a bit to much for me so again i asked for help and again it was at hand with the Navy boys family Robin and of course my good friend Martin doing the grafting while i attempted to stay calm and not panic :laugh: not easy i can tell you.

A deal was done that included wood and what was needed for my lean to which the navy Boys family bought with them and after a brew the work began and was completed by night fall which just needs felting when funds allow along with the help of Robin who also nipped over Martin :shrug: well to be honest it is his second home but he is light and was on top of the job literally scrambling about on the top of the roof and last but not least my helper John who knows where most things are in my little sheds better than me i owe you all big time and can't thank you enough :wine: .

After some really good tucker half way through the day the only thing really missing was a fire pit which might have helped not just with the light because it soon got dark but the warmth of a fire along with a few :wine: .

Thanks all it was really appreciated. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Re: LRCC to the rescue

Post by RMS » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:42 pm

You're very welcome Brad :cheers:

Fun was had by all - not only with big hammers and power saws, but with stories, gossip and banter swapped, as well as numerous hot drinks and Jane's lovely stew to fight off the cold, and Kath's coconut fancies :cheers:

Another good day at Maison Brad's :tiphat:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
navyboyz

Post by navyboyz » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Brad
Have to agree with Robin great day, great food, company and plenty of banter to keep us going around the fire pit.
Even tho cold the sun did shine on us all [which helped] and the job got done.
But I have to say Brad your tea making skills are great where did you get them from lol :laugh:
Will see you in a few weeks to tackle the next task.
Take care
Kath

PS hows Martin's head lol :thud:
navyboyz

Post by navyboyz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:40 pm

Its only been up 5 minutes and someone is trying to steel your lead. Hope it is still all okay for you brad. see you sometime soon. pete :tiphat:
Attachments
martin.jpg
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:07 pm

G'day Pete, thanks for that it's another reminder of how things evolved in my home for retired landrovers :laugh: and it was dark as well :shrug: unlike the picture i took at the same time which just came out dark but then that's just me and trying to use a phone and not knowing how to work it :embarassed: .

The next step is trying to find something i don't mind getting rid of to fund or swop for a couple of rolls of felt i can then build the sides up from an old shed i was given even though we had to take it down ourselves we managed to save most of the screws to be used again :whistle: .

I must say it will be good to uncover what is under the sheet/tarporlin so i can make sure nothing is going rusty or collecting water.

:woohoo: excited or what :wine: you have know idea and it has really taken a lot of the pressure off me trying to do the impossible or should i say the hard graft that would have taken me three times as long and that's just thinking about it :roll: .

It's good to have friends :cheers: . Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .

PS.regards Martins head from what i gather from john my helper he got clobbered twice :stars: :shrug:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:57 am

G'day chaps, i forgot to add for those that don't know me that's my good friend Martin on my roof supping tea looking like a budding wild man of Borneo with his beard that's a tad thicker than mine :laugh: but then i have hair all over my face and head that goes with what i was known as while walking through a grave yard late at night with car battery in one hand and lead lamp in the other :aaagh: .

This was just to put the record straight because i am better looking than the one on the roof :neener: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

Oh, you mean this is you :whistle:

1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 pm

G'day Robin, thanks for that although i have had my hair cut :aaagh: don't worry my friend she only took about an 1/8th of an inch off so i don't get split ends that will ruin my curly locks that are an envy of many a woman and a good talking point for any young ladies i bump into :wink:, Oh! as long as it is not dark and i offer help to a damsel in distress in which case i frightened the living daylights out of here which was the case one night on the way to a club meet bless her :shrug: .

Catch you later. R-Rose a hippy built like a silver back gorilla but harmless and at ease with nature :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

G'day chaps, again my thanks have to go to members of this club coming to my rescue after the council dropped me in the doggy doo doo's having not finished off a job to my expectations and the fact i am having to pay two thirds of the cost of my walk in disabled shower all because i paid TO MUCH! into my national insurance when i was a working chap :banghead:

Having tried to get so called professional tilers to come and finish the job as i would have liked it even though payment was offered being let down on three occasions did not go down well :shrug: however while doing a bit of helping with parts and the like with Kath and the Navyboz when they came to my rescue the last time it was mentioned briefly that they would help.

To any of the new comers to this club this is really directed at you or those who have needed a hand :wink: in the past Kath the boss and Chris arrived on Saturday morning with truck full of tools from Leeds that is a fair trek from me and promptly got stuck into doing a job that seemed to be a problem for others and crack on he did and made a fantastic job but unfortunately his shoulder that he is waiting to have surgery on gave up on him and his arm had to be put in the sling position if you get what i mean and Kath had to take him home brassed off and in pain but OH! how grateful we are :wine:

I hope what i had organized for you goes towards some sort of payment to wards what you have done i also hope there will be no gun fights at darn with deciding who has what :whistle: .

Catch you later. Brad and my boss :neener: :tiphat: .