Spring Adventure

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
Landynut

Spring Adventure

Post by Landynut » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Is there a stand at Spring Adventure
RMS

Re: Spring Adventure

Post by RMS » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:37 pm

Yes Frank - just finalising the passes now.

With only 5 passes this year it's tight, so might not be any spares for S2C this time :shrug:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Jabbawocky
Info: Barney the Dormobile

Post by Jabbawocky » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Bit sad I won't make this show this year, but a glass of cold french beer sat in the sunshine outside a bar-tabac will help to cheer me up a little. :cheers:

Mick
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun May 24, 2015 9:37 pm

G'day chaps, well what can i say because as usual Marty my taxi driver took me up to the show in his Jag having pushed myself the day before tinkering on my 88 with the final assembly of the rebuilt near side brake unit all looked good in my eye's anyway :wink: .
Having stripped everything back to clean metal everything was primed undercoated with a few top coats not in the normal black as most people do but but colorful blues and red in a true Romany style that kind of goes with the type of person i am :wine: .
The cast cylinders that i prefer were checked the threads cleaned tappers well looked at and then a good hone before fitting new seal kits with the proper grease although it sounds strange it has been known for people to use lubricants that attack the seals :banghead: .
Anyway to make it feel i had achieved a good days work after masking off what i didn't want painting i gave the complete inner and underside of the wing it's final coat of Vickers blue it was then time for some well earned rest.
All i can say is it was well worth knocking myself up for again just to have a welcome that Marty and i received when we arrived at the camp which was as though we hadn't seen each other for years that was very warming indeed :cheers: .
From when we got there i felt there was nothing but laughter which is the best medicine for anybody these days but i must say what really made my day was seeing and hearing the laughter of TREV it was great to see you my friend and i am sorry i was not there when you left but i will have :wine: on you mate.

Sorry for the waffling but again you made our day. Catch you later R-Rose and his oppo/taxi Marty :cheers: