2a Ambulance

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

2a Ambulance

Post by romanyrose » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:36 pm

G'day chaps, i have decided to let one of my ambulances go what with having more than one camper of one sort or another i have decided to put all my effort into building my wrecker and hopefully will be purchasing something more suitable but with the heavy work done.

My ambulance was picked up from Lichfield and was the only one with a new chassis fitted but my friend who bought it gave it a service ready for pulling his double axled caravan but a few miles up the road the rear diff blew basically because he forgot to put oil in.

I towed him home and promptly fitted a sailsbury axle but it really was not for him so i managed to make parking space and bought it however Tom who bred St Bernards needed something to take his bigun's to the vets so four Bernards at a time on the odd occasion anyway it was ideal but sadly he passed away and the vet now makes visits so it came back to me and that's where it has been since.

She needs a coat of paint now and a bit of welding to the bulkhead under the water gutter at the back of the bonnet however according to the service history when the new chassis was fitted just before it was demobbed the bulkhead should have been replaced with a new one but i think that went walkabout instead of being fitted but the paper work say's different.

I have been told the value is £2800 ono with the full history along with the stretchers and some fittings so the choice is yours but i have to slow down sooner rather than later so i can play at trying to get my wrecker done again sooner rather than later :wink: Regards a few pics Robin has managed a few but there really is not a lot of room.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
RMS

Re: 2a Ambulance

Post by RMS » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:31 pm

Some pictures taken by Jaynie's brother, risking life and limb!

As you can see it's well hemmed in at the moment so internal pictures will be a bit difficult until other vehicles, caravan, trailer, shed etc. are moved :whistle:

1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)