My Dormobiled roof 109

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

My Dormobiled roof 109

Post by romanyrose » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:30 am

G'day chaps. i am afraid i am going to have to let my 109 with a dormobiled roof camper go although not happy about it it's either that or my ambulance and my ambulance won the toss :shrug: .

There are pictures of the 109 on here with roof up and inside the outside however was waiting for the warm weather for a paint job and i took Hec off the road after running her into the ground so to speak moving my tons of landrover trinkets when having my big move there is also a wide track trailer that was used that can go with it.

The trailer and maybe truck would have to be emptied first though because they are still full of landrover trinkets but as this is only a question would this truck sell or would anybody be interested :shrug: .

At the moment there is a recon 2-1/4 petrol in it but a diesel can go with it if the price is right :shrug: the timing cover would have to be changed to accommodate the generator but the 12volt alternator could remain that power up the rear camping back end.

This is not something i have not taken lightly but at the moment with my health issues in mind i am at a good place at the moment and happy tinkering which is what i enjoy so why change my situation having already got a caravan a trailer tent two 88's that or will be kitted out as campers and my ambulance that is home from home so i think that is enough :whistle: .

Apart from my health my wrecker is the one i want to play with now which my late father and i were going to do, i have the truck and all the gear so maybe a change is as good as a rest so my big question is would there be any interest even though it is far from standard it has all one or two people would need.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Re: My Dormobiled roof 109

Post by RMS » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Sorry to hear you are letting another treasured vehicle go Brad, but it will leave you with more space and allow you to concentrate more on the rest of your fleet :cheers:

Unfortunately the pictures on your original posts in February 2012 have disappeared :thud:
They were on your Photobucket account, but now show up as "missing or moved" :shrug: so I'm afraid you'll have to try to find them on your system.

I've sent you an email - perhaps Jaynie can find them?

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi Brad

I like the sound of the dormy roof 109.

Can't wait to chat to you about it.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:58 pm

G'day chaps, i was hoping the pictures did the talking but like robin said they have gone walk about :shrug: but i hope to get some taken soon but because of no pictures a bit of a taster might help :wink: .

The gearbox was rebuilt by me and is spot on along with the overdrive it has a sink unit from a caravan fitted along with a draining board and work surface-electric water pump or hand come foot that also primes the system the eberspacher however is under the sink although will need a service.

The 12volt system in the back has it's power supplied by a 12volt alternator but the two batteries that sit in a compartment in the back body that turns into part of the bed or remains as a seat are unfortunately dead so will need replacing but really you only need one.

The reason for fitting two was for the eberspacher and the price of two small ones :whistle: out weighed the price of a good amperage one which the heater needs to fire up also because of not wearing my glasses when fitting the main fuse consequently i fitted the wrong fuse and then when cleaning the glow plug i caused a short blew the control box so fitted a new one.

I used this truck instead of my ambulance because my St Bernards don't wipe there feet so the bed is fitted with a rubber backed carpet but when the bed is up the carpet when opened is the warm side if that makes sense :laugh: , the tail gait is on bonnet rams from a Citroen ambulance the bottom tailgate is opened by another gas ram so i could hold my two girls before they got in but that's a bit tired and could do with another a scrap yard, the tailgate also carries a water heater and meths burner both hidged for when the tail gate is shut.

The truck itself is a 24volter but has the wings off for repair that is done but i wanted to paint them first other than that i can't remember where i got to but my big move and the loss of my late father i lost my way a bit and since my big move although a long time ago now my time has been spent on other issues but i am now getting there my two Bernards are at rest now but i have one that i gave a home to also the 88 is perfect for her so it's just a case of moving on and the truck will make someone happy like it did me and my girls.
Sorry for the waffle and i know pictures paint a thousand words but this is not an easy decision for me but i am now hoping to go forward at a steadier pace now i feel i am at a good place in my life. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: