New trailer to me

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

New trailer to me

Post by romanyrose » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:11 am

G'day chaps, not having heard from me for a while does not mean i have stopped work on HEC but the fact i sold a large military trailer and bought an old electric board trailer that is more in keeping period for my needs much better not just to go behind my wrecker but to pull behind HEC.
It's and electric board workshop trailer that requires quite a bit of work but a change is as good as a rest and i am well happy at that with military hook up but brakes that have seen better days so will be sorted all in good time.
Although i have cut a rear bulkhead out before i want to do it in a better way but only using the passenger side for the extension of the bed with no sharp corners but curved not just to be safe but look the part and as i have a false rear floor already fitted it just a case of a nice cut but re-enforce so the doors don't fly open :embarassed: .
I have storage under the false floor with draws on wheels that pull out but need to build a light weight cupbord that will be on the same side of my oven come hob if that's what you call it but plans are still on the go while i repair this gorgeous trailer that i have feel in love with.
I have a lot of stuff that needs collecting from all over but this trailer coming up kind of altered my plans and i got a buyer for the other so let it go but in reality it has held me up a bit but i will get there in the end so apologizes to those that are waiting but i am slow in fact i am that slow people don't know whether i am coming or going :laugh: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Re: New trailer to me

Post by romanyrose » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:27 pm

G'day chaps, i can't say i got on well today due to confusion on my part but my trailer board is a military metal type but as usual i am using what i have available because in time when the trailer is finished it will have built in lights but i need to use it now so i am just using what i have to be safe if nothing else.
I am not the fastest driver so will be fitting extra fog lights incase of bad weather along with hazards and reversing lights just so others have a rough idea of what i am doing as it's not the first time i have had a forty footer almost ram me when leaving a motor way :shakehead: .
Because i work so slow any interruptions i get leaves what i am doing a distant memory so it's a case of one stage at a time while trying to keep in my mind the way the interior will be built so my dog and i sleep well have cupboards for the necessities what we will need while on the road to where ever i feel the need to be and be at piece with nature so i guess a bit of wild camping but then that's what i prefer along with some sounds a brew and some good home made tucker.
Trying to accommodate what i need for the lighting side of my trailer got the better of me today and confusion that i suffer bad with set in so i retired for a brew and i promptly fell asleep but after a rest in my mind it was sorted but by this time it was just to late so i packed up after putting things in place so i don't forget and can carry on tomorrow.
although not much to some it's a big step for me and a fix of enjoyment that makes me a happy chappie. R-Rose :tiphat: .
RMS

Post by RMS » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi Brad,

Yet another project - good on yer :tiphat:

Hopefully you'll get hec done in time for some camps this year :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:36 am

G'day Robin,Yep! that's my idea although regards sleeping accommodation and my cooking set up it will be an on going tinker :wink: as you know i have a choice and the gear and to be honest every day is a step closer to what i would like.
I have things that are going to be used on the old gal but need to fetch them hence the need of a trailer but having been pulled up by the police for pulling my last trailer that looked a tad over loaded :shakehead: and he went over it with a fine tooth comb so to speak so this one that is more period looking is getting a bit of a make over in between making my 88 with easy to put up extra's my little home on wheels which i did many years ago with AAC my other 88.
As you might have gathered i am thinning down a bit and my last trailer was just to high hence the report on my progress that works in a similar way with an on going report of progress i make on this beautiful bit of kit that has taken the place of that modern metal trailer that did the job but in my eye's looked out of place behind a series 88 or 109.
I am at a good place in my life regards my hobby and hope to knock up a few miles this year providing funds permit but i have done this most of my life so know what i need to be comfortable and the strengthening of canopy i can now fit a slightly heavier canvas but we will see.
I had to go this way because the trailer i originally used for a good few years finally cried enough but i did work it hard although the suspension units can be used again on something :shrug: .
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:44 am

I've not long since cut the rear bulkhead out on mine but only down to the level of the strengthening bar that's just above the wheelboxes on the 109 which has meant I've had to make a 3 inch high frame for the rear bench seats / bed but it has allowed me to have a full bed and have a bit of room at the rear for a cupboard, cooking area and to be able to get dressed without having the rear door open ok not so easy in an 88 though but at least you have the awning
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:01 pm

G'day matey, i follow your posts and have seen what you have done but i already have a false floor the height of my wheel boxes for when i had two St Bernards that used it as there bed so i only have to remove the rear bulkhead and strengthen it up from there.

My other 88 i just cut a section out so i could lay down but i had to keep my Newfoundland in the back and to be honest she had an operation on a back leg so she laid in the short section behind the steering wheel and i laid where the section had been removed.
The rear of that truck is insulated behind the wood paneling as is the roof rather than waking up with condensation dripping on you what with a small two burner hob and a grill we traveled everywhere together and i was having to change the engine oil every month because of the mileage done :laugh: .

Sadly my old gal is not with me now but the truck and memories are parked up in my back yard even though it has a rebuilt engine in it and would not take much to put her back on the road my choice is just to keep an eye on her with the view to maybe driving it again one day but we will see :cactus: .

woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:40 pm

we all keep these projects around as it gives us an excuse to keep on living :)