Correct Cooker for Carawagon

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
Peaceand

Re: Correct Cooker for Carawagon

Post by Peaceand » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi Mick,
Educated guess is that they used cookers that already had sturdy fold up lids, and modified them to suit the door mounting position. If this was the case, the clips are probably original to the cooker, to keep the 'lid' in place.

My reasoning is all the metal casing/lid seems to be the same thickness and paint colour as the metal used to make the 'case'. So unless Carawagon made the cookers up from parts, they were probably supplied complete.

I'll try and get a photo if it's still light when I get home - but the only obvious 'Carawagon' modification to mine is a wooden bar across the back (Lowest edge of the cooker section) that rests against the door when the cooker is down - stopping it from tilting too far down.

Hope that helps,
Patrick
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
Peaceand

Re: Correct Cooker for Carawagon

Post by Peaceand » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi Mick,
Sorry I forgot about this, but here are the photos of mine: http://s716.photobucket.com/user/Peacea ... t=3&page=1 Both in use and in bits when I first got it.

Something else that adds evidence to this being a 'table top' cooker re-purposed - there are 4 feet pressed into the base, which are pointless for this door mounted application.

Hope that helps,

Patrick
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)