I have three sets available in aluminium

Bad news, is they aren't cheap - they work out at £55 a pair plus postage

Regards

Alex
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: light cages by Dormobile

Post by romanyrose » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:00 pm

G'day Alex, i was hoping for a couple of sets but i guess in this case it would be greedy so could you put my name on one set please then tell me the next step as it will be a cheque if that's ok.

I really appreciate this and i can't thank you enough :cheers: .

Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .
w3526602
Info: (That's my old RAF number)

Re: light cages by Dormobile

Post by w3526602 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:29 am

Hi Brad,

Do an Ebay search for TRAILER SIDE MARKER LAMPS.

There are many shapes and sizes, usually under £10 per pair. They will bolt to the top of your wings, and not look too much out of place on a Land Rover.

But three problems ...

1. They shine a white light to the front, and red to the rear. So either black paint the inside of the red lens, or cut a metal disc to replace the red lens.

2. I think your ambulance is too new to be allowed white indicators. Are suitably sized amber lens available? At one time, you could buy amber paint, to convert UK headlamps for driving in France.

3. Side marker lamps will be fitted with 6 watt bulbs. I don't know if the LED lamps could be converted to 21watt bulbs.

Of course, if you could find marker lamps that use filament bulbs, you could fit amber bulbs ... if there was room inside the lamps. As the bulbs flash ON/OFF, they should not get too hot.

Google LAND ROVER OVERLAND SINGAPORE PICTURES. You might find pictures of the two Land Rovers used in the 1950s.