Split charge system please

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: Split charge system please

Post by romanyrose » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:39 pm

G'day Ian, thank you for your thought's but that has crossed my mind :wink: , after putting my lorry batteries on charge while in a workshop doing some maintenance an apprentice decided to clean up part of the rear body with a grinder :whistle: .

The bang was so load it nearly blew my ear drum's apart :stars: , as for the apprentice he filled his trouser's just before i gave him a black eye and took the grinder off him.I know it was a long time ago but it is something i will not forget, the fact we were both lucky not to get covered in battery acid could have been another story :shakehead: .

The batteries on my 24volter are between the front seat's with the breather's stuck out of the bottom battery tray,the same goes for the two 12 volt batteries in the back body that are in there own sealed compartment but vented to the outside.

Regard's the USB point's i did notice but didn't realize that there is an led light inside so i fitted a switch just incase but thank's anyway

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
Viamphie
Info: Mad as a bag of frogs

Post by Viamphie » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:47 pm

I purchased one of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371716528192

Seems to work well with the little batteries I use when camping. :whistle:

Also this is a good cable size calculator. Just remember Voltage is equal to Amps x Resistance. :wink:

http://www.solar-wind.co.uk/cable-sizing-DC-cables.html
I'm not really as bad as I make out. Despite what people say.
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 pm

G'day matey, i have been told about these and yes it would save a lot of hassle,1. i don't know how to purchase anything from e.bay, because i don't have an account i guess :shrug: 2. fund's are spoken for with very little spare at the moment :embarassed: 3. i have a habit of trying to use what i have available which is more in keeping with an old truck i guess :laugh: 4. i had a leisure battery given to me last night :nana: .
My landrovers are my therapy and keep me going, as for doing it the hard way :shrug: that's nothing new and the fact i do thing's three or four times is erelavant :thud: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
gossamer

Post by gossamer » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 am

You just reminded me of the time I blew the top off a battery on my z750 after charging it.

I connected it with the negative on first, my spanner caught the frame and the whole lot expoloded.

Taught me a thing or two, and my eyebrows grew back.
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey Up chap's, while unable to do what i wanted to do pondering under my bonnet of HEC was as much as i could handle :embarassed: , the wires from the alternator are bound in that split conduit robbed off old disco's.
Where i have laid the loom down i should be able to get my feed without to much trouble so today i am going to have a bash, doing it the hard way i don't know but that is my goal today, although not a lot it's one step nearer and won't be far from my master switch which leads me a feed to the second battery.
It just seem's the easiest way for me at the moment without a lot of bending deep in the heart of the engine bay or just laid on my back in the wet and cold.
I am itching to get on now so i had better make a move before i forget what i was going to do :banghead: .

Catch you later. Mr indecisive but i am not so sure now R-Rose :tiphat: .