1963 Dormobile for sale

Please post items for sale or wanted here. Land Rover or items specific to camping only.
Troika

1963 Dormobile for sale

Post by Troika » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:43 pm

Here we have my 1963 Dormobile for sale, currently its a rolling chassis, built on new galvanised chassis, painted black, 200tdi fitted, bulkhead was Ashtree repair of original and galvanised, gearbox professionally rebuilt, axles stripped and rebuilt, all cappings stripped and regalvanised, b and c posts and rails repaired and galvanised, comes with full LR fastner set and autosparks wiring loom, new Ashtree front doors with galvanised frames, choice of wheels and new tyres, in fact all parts required to complete, still have to recover a few parts from the garage who were doing the work..............why, I can hear some asking, well the rebuild was entrusted to an organisation which has found itself unable to complete the work and I have neither the indoor space to complete the rebuild or indeed the time with so manyother vehicles demanding attention, hence it has to go. Pictures will be sent to those requesting, and price can be discussed after viewing. V5 in my name, reg YSY 331
Troika

Re: 1963 Dormobile for sale

Post by Troika » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Couple of others items, front panel also repaired and galvanised, overdrive rebuilt and fitted, nos steering relay supplied, 5 ltr Marine Blue undercoat and topcoat supplied.
To answer a question, the garage doing the work lost both of its mechanics familiar with series vehicles and in 12 months have been unable to recruit replacements with required experience.
I will give it a week on this forum before it goes on wider distribution.
AlexB

Post by AlexB » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Gutted for you Graham.

Hope it goes to a good home and for a good price.
Troika

Post by Troika » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:41 am

AlexB wrote:hope it goes to a good home and for a good price.
Thanks Alex, hope so too, but also mindful of time of year and Xmas looming it may not be very high on list of priorities for many people who fancy such a vehicle given that it will need more than one weekend to have ready for the road.