Hello from the Fens

Welcome & new forum members - Please introduce yourself & your motor here.
Jimmy74

Hello from the Fens

Post by Jimmy74 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi all, A quick intro and hello. I'm James and I live in Wimblington in the Fens. Not native I must add! I've been a Landrover fan for many years now owning one or two. I haven't had a camper yet but I'm hoping you guys will show me the way forward. I'm currently driving a series 3 88 hardtop with a 200 TDI conversion which I fitted last spring. My plan is to build a 109 hardtop and use that as a base for a camper/ hobbie truck. I've started collecting parts for this project including an International 2.8 TGV tdi engine and auto box from an mot fail Discovery.
I look forward to conversing with you guys and meeting up at events etc. Are there any members on this site local to me?

Catch up soon. Regards James
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

Re: Hello from the Fens

Post by jerryd » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:00 pm

Welcome to the forum :hello: I probably live the farthest away from you but I'm sure somebody else will be along who lives nearby . Good luck with your project
RMS

Post by RMS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi James, and welcome :cheers:

I thought Neil (Muckitup on here) had posted pictures of his 109 conversion, but I can't find it so perhaps he hasn't :stars:

He took a ropey 109 (was my scrapman's Steptoe :wink: ) and had it rebuilt on a new chassis, then he fitted the inside with a fixed single bed and cupboards.
He's done a great job and it's great for a one person camper!

I wonder if we can persuade him to do a write up with pictures?

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Travelrover
Info: Dont follow the path, make your own.

Post by Travelrover » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi James,
Welcome, I am a fairly new member on this site as well.
I live at Stilton so not far from you, also spend quite a bit of time over at Tidd so it gets closer.
Quite envious of the fact you have a 2.8. I have been looking for one for years but without success.
Maybe arrange a meet up some time.

Bob
Jimmy74

Post by Jimmy74 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:43 pm

Happy to meet up Bob. PM me when your next over this way and I will get the kettle on. I'm having real LR issues at the mo, can't make up my mind what to build. I've been looking on a few sites and reading LR mags but still left scratching my head. Ive had a drive in my series 3 Doris this afternoon to try and help but still a blank. I need more from the build than just a camper. It's got to be an all round sort of truck. Watch this space.

Regards
RobW

Post by RobW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:41 pm

There's a prototype 2a FC on EBAY (assuming it's still there) could keep you out of mischief for a while!