"Go-to" new posts

Forum requests, problems and annoyances may be dealt with if you mention them here.
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

"Go-to" new posts

Post by Dormy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:56 pm

The indexing shows which topics have a new post. When clicked, the topic opens at the original (first) post and I have to scroll down to read the latest posting (now sometimes on page 2 !!). Can a setting be changed so that the thread open at the latest post ?

Thanks
Ian
RMS

Re: "Go-to" new posts

Post by RMS » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:10 am

Hi Ian,

Yes, that annoys me on many forums as that's the default setting, and I'm not sure it can be changed for all users globally, though I will look in to it.

However, on here, like most forums, you can change it yourself.

Go to Profile at the top of the page, Board Preferences, Edit display options, and change the Display post order direction to Descending, then Submit.

While you are there, you can change the Display topic order direction as well, if you want.

Hope that helps,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Peaceand

Post by Peaceand » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 am

The little icon Image by the latest username on the right hand side does exactly that on all index pages, takes you straight to the latest post.

I didn't notice it either, which is why on the "View unread posts" page I added a link besides each topic title which opens the topic at the latest post. eg: Go-to" new posts - (View latest post) And in the process of doing that I found the existing icon that did the same thing.

I'll have a look at adding the same link to the rest of the forum index pages, as the icon isn't very obvious.

Hope that helps! Or you can reverse the display order as mentioned above if you prefer :-)

Patrick
Go to latest post.jpg
  • Holly - 1972 Searle Carawagon Continental Ultimate (200 TDi)
  • Basil - 1969 Searle SWB (Prima TD)
Dormy
Info: Sleeping on the job.....Zzzzzz

Post by Dormy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 pm

Peaceand wrote:The little icon Image by the latest username on the right hand side does exactly that on all index pages, takes you straight to the latest post.
Thanks Patrick

The instructions ^^^^^ were "simple(y)" just what I needed - at least I think they were cause the first thread I tried to open only had one post ! :thud:

But it does work and I don't have to try click my way along any long menu lists to change the setting :?

Ian