Ripley Castle Classic Car & Land Rover Show, 5th August

Please post any events or shows here.
dudley

Re: Ripley Castle Classic Car & Land Rover Show, 5th August

Post by dudley » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Well done to everyone

I have to ask,has the LRCC more 1st's than team GB has gold's!!!!!!!!

Regards

Phillip
1971 2a 109 diesel station wagon

1971 2a 109 petrol carawagon

And others
WhiteKnight
Info: Wagons, ho!

Post by WhiteKnight » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:39 pm

I'll echo what Robin has stated, especially with reference to "The event was fairly well attended, but not as busy as we've seen before."
Indeed, I feel certain we only won the Best Stand as no-one else was there.
This can be confirmed with the following 4 toes.
It was probably nothing to do with Captain John (impersonating a slightly older Bradley Wiggins) showing hundreds of 'people' the benefits of owning a Land Rover Classic Camper.

Fairly idyllic location for a family of four (carawagons, natch)

After copious amounts of various types of pear cider (and a particularly rare and deer brandy), we all went to sleep counting hinds. It must have been our Stag Night. Sorry, I know what you are saying... 'Deer me!'
This was the stunning view from my carawagon window at 7.00am, before emerging at the perfunctory 7.30.

All four set up with military precision. John ...Wayne's... :laugh: was draped with camo netting later on, and was virtually invisible from a distance. Robin's on the right looks all new and shiny.

Patrick's looks very groovy on the left. Mine performed so well, it was able to take a bough

This was taken on Sunday, the day of the show, and clearly shows we were the only ones there.
Neil, Freda and Alice were nowhere to be seen. Indeed, Freda could only be discerned passing from a waft of her 'splash-it-on' eau-de-cologne, apparently distilled from a rare and deer brandy.

Our noble efforts were rewarded, as Robin states, with the Best Stand followed by a costly fireworks' display
(actually, it was too f**kin' deer)

Our much-travelled Commander-in-Chief's Iraqi uniform left a little to be desired.
But as his daughter remarked, 'I do like that Baghdad'

On Sunday a large friendly family from Leeds did not set up next to us with their two Series 88's. They didn't bring jollity to the party, nurse a conflagrated Donny chap who'd set fire to himself, nor pass out cakes which yours truly couldn't eat anyway.
At the end of the show which only we attended, it may be noted that Mr Ben has found a new temporary home, as :cry: sadly I will not be available for shows until next month, when normal service will be resumed. :woohoo:

RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:19 pm

What will we do for the next month of shows without this strange man with his strange sense of humour? :stars:

Hopefully Steve will still follow us on here and make his cryptic, or just nonsensical, comments for our entertainment :neener:

Cheers Steve - you will be missed :cry:

Robin.

PS. Did we get any pictures of anyone else at the show? I'm sure I remember at least one or two more classic cars there on the Sunday :shrug:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
overlander
Info: Carawagon Junkie

Post by overlander » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 pm

I must've used more of that industrial strength 'brandee' for starting the fire than I thought as there was only an inch in the bottom of the bottle when I got home :shrug:

What a result! We managed to be judged best stand out of two, and the other one won it last time :banghead: !

Looking forward to my next outing in the Military Carawagon at the beginning of September at Ripon - 14 miles return, door to door :nana1:

I'm going for gold for the indiscriminate use of emoticons :neener:

:tiphat:

J
RMS

Post by RMS » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey John, there were at least 6 stands when I counted :stars:

LRCC
Rover
Anglia
4x4 Rescue (or whatever they are called)
Ford
DDLRC
and I'm pretty sure there was an American stand somewhere!

Perhaps you hadn't put that much 'Brandee' on the fire, after all :whistle:
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Calum

Post by Calum » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

WhiteKnight wrote: On Sunday a large friendly family from Leeds did not set up next to us with their two Series 88's. They didn't bring jollity to the party, nurse a conflagrated Donny chap who'd set fire to himself, nor pass out cakes which yours truly couldn't eat anyway.
:shrug: Please elaborate!
Last edited by Calum on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteKnight
Info: Wagons, ho!

Post by WhiteKnight » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Calum wrote:
WhiteKnight wrote: On Sunday a large friendly family from Leeds did not set up next to us with their two Series 88's. They didn't bring jollity to the party, nurse a conflagrated Donny chap who'd set fire to himself, nor pass out cakes which yours truly couldn't eat anyway.[/img]
:shrug: Please elaborate!
Well, just based on the fact my photos for some bizarre reason don't have anyone else in them!
Johnny and his Dad and family all came. His Mam helped this guy who'd manically set fire to himself trying to save his awning and roof tent from going up in smoke. He hadn't checked / looked after his cooker!