S.E. QLD. All British Day..........

Please post any events or shows here.
jerryd
Info: "the pom down under"

S.E. QLD. All British Day..........

Post by jerryd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm not expecting any of you to turn up as it's a bit short notice :laugh: but I thought I'd share one of our annual events with you. In fact I'm pretty sure it's the only one.
I've been requested to take the Dormobile along by fellow enthusiasts, so I'll tag along and get my plaque for entering :gold:

Here's a couple of pics from a previous year, mine is certainly going to stand out in the crowd of shiny cars as it doesn't have much paint left on it

http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/sha ... db1e1fa0b1
Attachments
dcp_0038.jpg
dcp_0029.jpg
dcp_0030.jpg
jerryd

Re: S.E. QLD. All British Day..........

Post by jerryd » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Had a great day out at this event, it seemed strange to see so many english cars in one place and I thought at one point I'd been shipped back to the uk :aaagh:

Twenty seven land rovers turned up for the event which was quite a good turnout, I set mine up into camp mode and within minutes I was surrounded by 20+ people asking questions, peering in the windows, climbing inside to have a look :cheers:
Most people have never heard of or seen a Dormobile in Australia and I'm pretty sure that there are no more than 8 over here, so they are quite rare.

I did escape briefly to have a look around the show, but every time I returned to the car people would stop and ask questions about it.
Attachments
Photo0931.jpg
Photo1015.jpg
Photo0918.jpg
RMS

Post by RMS » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 pm

Nice one Jerry - I'll bet it makes some folk feel nostalgic :wink:

Knowing the distances between towns and settlements over there, folk must be keen to attend shows like that. We baulk at travelling over 100 miles to a show here, but then again, that 100+ miles is usually all in heavy traffic, and Diesel is over £1.40 a litre :aaagh: :aaagh:

I miss the wide open spaces and being the only car on the road for miles :cactus:
We'll be getting another 'fix' in a few weeks time, as I think I've said before :tiphat:
Then again, the last time we went to Australia (4 years ago?) we were surprised at how much the traffic had increased since the time before (10 years ago?). The East coast run (Sydney to Brisbane) was a bit like our A1!

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
jerryd

Post by jerryd » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:46 pm

RMS wrote:
I miss the wide open spaces and being the only car on the road for miles :cactus:
We'll be getting another 'fix' in a few weeks time, as I think I've said before :tiphat:
Then again, the last time we went to Australia (4 years ago?) we were surprised at how much the traffic had increased since the time before (10 years ago?). The East coast run (Sydney to Brisbane) was a bit like our A1!

Cheers,
Robin.

Are you still only doing Sydney + Hobart ??? Don't forget to shout if you do get up our way, I could use use an expert in 300tdi conversions :cheers:

It's quite amazing how quickly things change here, I'm sure you'll notice even more when you arrive.
RMS

Post by RMS » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 pm

It's Perth & Hobart this time, with transit in Melbourne.
This will be the first time we'll have done anywhere out West, even if it is only 5 days!

We did Cairns, Port Douglas & the Reef about 10 years ago - perhaps next time we'll go back up that way :cheers:

We didn't get that far up last time; just Sydney, Hobart, Sydney & the drive up to Brisbane and back (the hippy commune at Byron Bay was our favourite place on that trip :whistle: )

Hopefully we'll see you up there at some point in the future :cheers:

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)