109 camper for sale

RMS

109 camper for sale

Post by RMS » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:56 pm

This is on the OLLR forum HERE

If you aren't registered on the forum and want a preview, here you go:

"Here for sale we have my 109 camper. I bought this last year and have done a lot to it but I now have a 5 week old baby and I have had to come to the hard decision to let it go. The chassis number denotes it was built in 1968, it was then sent to a coach builders who on behalf of Her Majestys Customs and Excise fitted it out with the superbly made kitchen, cooker, sink, cool box, door panels, interior lights, roof hatch, cab and rear storage, and also a bespoke roof rack and rear door box and front bumper box etc. All of this is made in either stainless steel or aluminium to the highest standard. It now has brand new door tops glass and rubbers fitted, new rear door glass, new rad hoses, new rad, filters etc. Starts runs and drives no problem, it has stripped and refurbed front leafs, new domed halogen headlights, original metal sunshade, hand throttle, round Smiths heater with the doors still on which actually WORKS!. It has a full matching set of Good Year Hi Grip tyres in excellent order except the spare which is worn, they sit on black modular steels as I bought them just for the tyres but I have all five proper rivet 109 rims and five tubes to go with it in excellent order.
To go with it I will include a Fairey overdrive complete with all linkages and a new refurb kit with instructions, this was removed in perfect working order from a written off Landy about 5 years ago so will require a clean up.
Full brand new set of door rubbers, rear included and the metal floor strip.
Two sliding seat base frames (it has one already fitted as well)
Original wide radiator, not leaking but the frame needs some repair.
Haynes manual and Haynes restoration manual
Spare bumper
Spare rear door
and whatever else I can find for it you an have the lot.
V5 and keys are present and in my name.
No MOT but I believe a weekends tinkering will get it through. Chassis is good and solid but has had some repair (feel free to come and give it a good whack with a hammer if you want to).

I genuinely want this to go to an enthusiast, I have many more photos available on request just ask. £2000 The price is firm, if no interest it will be going on Ebay starting at that. PM for more details"

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
Calum

Re: 109 camper for sale

Post by Calum » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:53 pm

I have seen this motor in the metal and it's a great project for someone! Never seen another like it. It's been done to a high standard, and would make a great solo camper for someone.