HEC updates

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Re: HEC updates

Post by romanyrose » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Another fruitful day chaps with my rear table at least with three coats of stain/boat varnish applied it's almost the same colour as inside so i am kind of happy until i finish it off with some beading tomorrow.

After completing the above the new anti loose pins i found have gone walk about and i have looked every where :shrug:, this really got me uptight because they are needed to hook up the extra length of my bed which will be sat on my horizontal tailgate :whistle: remembering HEC is an 88 so pictures will help eventually :wink: .

I am also in the middle of trying to sort what hinges i need to make my tailgate a side opener again having looked for a couple of hours then remembering i bought them from my body shed to the garage a few days ago :thud: .

Anyway i thought time to call it a day after tripping over this box all day not realizing what i needed was inside :stars: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Here is some more for you all to look at brads making progress
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (260.21 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (233.47 KiB) Viewed 6667 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:26 pm

G'day chap's, as one can see i spoke nicely to my lass to try and help you understand me waffling on about what i get up to with my home from home traveling 88 at a pricey cost of just my time :laugh: and idea's i have taken from my other trucks i have cobbled together over my years of traveling.

Yes the pull out canopy from Robin i bought and the awning i bought off a member but even then the awning was almost a gift bless him along with the hob that was for spares but i decided different and made it back into a little gem costing just time a bit of old wire wool, sand paper or wet and dry out of my do for another day bucket along with half used can's of paint it's amazing what one can achieve :whistle: .

The wood i had delivered yesterday was from a kitchen built in 1996 and a good three quarters of the pile was like new which made it a lot easier rather than spending ages with my little hand plane :banghead: sorry waffling again :embarassed: .

Tomorrow will be the fold up legs for the table and have another look and see if i can find the fasteners for a tailgate so i can make the extension for my bed.

w3526602
Info: (That's my old RAF number)

Post by w3526602 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Hi Brad,

I have a pair of hoops that were intended to support the roof of a pop-top. I don't want them, but I do want their space. Should I add them to the clutter that I hope to be bringing to you soon?

If not, then they are up for grabs (but you get first dibs). About 45" x 22". They are in Burton Latimer, near Kettering.

Attachments
2016 10 03 CAMPER ROOF STICKS.jpg
2016 10 03 CAMPER ROOF STICKS.jpg (39.35 KiB) Viewed 6657 times
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 pm

G'day John, yes please i have just the job for them so they will be put to good use :cheers: .

Catch you later. Brad :tiphat: .
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:29 pm

:thud: a bit slow on the thinking side and i could have just carried on after answering 602 but i have what i consider good news after finding those anti loose pin's that were put safe but not in my garage but in the back of HEC ready to use :embarassed: also to make the situation feel worse i found three more of a different type to go with the one in the garage :whistle: .

The above of course changed my plan's so time was spent flatting the stain come varnish cutting a bit of trim to tidy up the table the gave it a good few coats of the above using a cotton rag rather than a brush with a lot better results having done it this way in the past but just clean forgot :shakehead: .

Tomorrow :shrug: Oh! i know i will be working on my bed extension now i have found the anti loose pin's :nana: along with my lass coming home in a really nice looking Freelander having sold her car i have had a very good productive and enjoyable day :gold: .

gossamer

Post by gossamer » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:38 pm

That hob is looking great.

Well worth a quid!
To infirmary and beyond!
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks Matt, although i only bought it for the jets to replace the ones in my ambulance camper cooker that came from either my Bonneville or Norton Dominator :shrug: that were fitted with concentric carbs that just happen to have the same type main jets :whistle:

As my inability to throw things away got the better of me and to be honest i am pleased because basically it was something different from either my wood work or trying to cobble some hinges for my side opening top tail gate.

Maybe another trip to your place with girly in her van :laugh: .

romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:38 pm

Well chap's what can i say but i never make it easy for myself to say the least wanting to reuse what i can, utilizing holes that are already in the body having had a hard time before i bought it for my late father who used rubber grumits on a lot of the holes i thought i would be clever :embarassed: .

Having spread the rather large box of hinges on the floor to make up what i needed i remembered that in my body shed there were some new ones so off i toddled all excited with keys in my hand which i should have realized i couldn't even see the door :whistle:

A good fifteen minutes later and i was in :aaagh: it's been a while since i have been in there and there was not a chance i was going to lift that lot out just to locate new hinges although i new the direction i needed to be in there was not a chance :shakehead: .

Well i am just going to utilize what i have so what was left of my day i spent cleaning everything along with laying out the relevant nuts- bolts-washers and hinge pin sets ready for a crack at it tomorrow all being well :wink:

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:52 pm

What a night even though i was very tired for the life of me i just could not turn off :banghead: with my brain running like a worn out turbo running away on it's own engine oil as though it was in overdrive with what i was going to try and achieve today :shakehead: and i guessed you realized i might as well stayed in bed.

I did at least get everything marked and dot punched then after a brew and a few thoughts drilled the first hole in stages due to the steal Riv-Nuts not having much of a shoulder so the hole had to be a good fit, with the hole drilled and nut in place i tried my hardest to compress the steal riv-nut :shrug: not a cat in hell's chance was that going to happen so i went for my bigger tool and that's where my problems began :thud: .

I have two of these kit's but they are both the same type like a rivet gun but my larger type :shrug: it's safe but where i have no idea :banghead: so the rest of my time in my garage was spent looking for that safe place :rant: to myself.

I can hear people thinking why not just put it back in your toolbox, my reason is people ask to borrow tools and get upset when i say NO so my thinking was if they can't see what i have they won't ask but then i forget where i have put them :stars: . i just hope i get some sleep tonight if i can just stop thinking about that safe place.

Hopefully a better report tomorrow. Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: .