Round tubing ??

Workshop and Technical tips & tricks.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Round tubing ??

Post by romanyrose » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:26 pm

G'day chap's, while tinkering with my horn pull and fitting the nice small spring that's does the job it's intended for my old brain box was moving on to the next job that's fitting a rail for my awning but a tad higher so i can stand under it without thinking about not banging my head :laugh: .
Now i think i have some awning rail left over from another job that came from an old caravan i stripped and come to think of it i might still have some old awnings but while i am passing my idea's past people someone on here might come up with a simpler idea and save me a bit of work not that i mind tinkering but the arthritic bones have then own idea's at times and don't make it easy :banghead: .
Not having measured anything yet :whistle: but a ten inch frame from front to back along with two diagonal supports one at the front and one at the rear clamped on the gutter rail much like a roof rack but with HEC being a petrol i am going to steer clear of a rack for the time being.
I know it would make it easier by fitting a rack but anyone can do that :whistle: ME! :shakehead: i just like to be awkward and different and go my own way without a headache unless it is to much :wine: but that would be my own fault :stars: .

I don't mind any ideas if you have something to say pass it past me and it might give me a starting point if nothing else.

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: