Awning Poles

Any other discussions not to do with Classic Campers.
romanyrose
Info: romanyrose

Awning Poles

Post by romanyrose » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:38 am

G'day chap's, after unloading my caravan that is or was loaded with trinkets from the pit i thought it was time for a look at the fitting of my awning poles so rather than just look at the paper work i went back to the forum to see how it has been done by the chap that has just fitted his :embarassed: .

I think i spent more time looking at what i had bought and trying to cope with my wondering mind due to me working in old measurements it looks like i might have to move a couple of lights along with a work light :banghead: but i think i will wait till after my MOT :whistle: .

However like a child at Christmas i am a tad impatient wanting to play with his new toys and knowing Robin will be contacting me later in the week is probably holding me back which is a good thing because i am slow in fact very slow :wink: .

My job today :cactus: well i don't give in easy but with a brew in my hand and a ruler in the other i am going to see if i can crack these foreign measurements just to see what i can do and maybe make a few pencil marks :roll:

Catch you later. R-Rose with a brain that complicates everything :tiphat: .
RMS

Re: Awning Poles

Post by RMS » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Brad,

I've converted the fitting instructions to old money measurements for you, and sent them in an email to Jaynie's address.

Cheers,
Robin.
1967 109" Carawagon 200TDi
1972 109" SW Carawagon 2.5NA
1958 109" Carawagon 2.25P (project)
1972 109" Carawagon 200 or 300TDi (project)
1974 Dormobile 2.25D (project)
(Robin on S2C forum)
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

measure twice cut once also if it doesn't sound / look right ask LOL

Robin was very helpful with a couple of queries
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 pm

G'day Robin, thanks for the measurements it is appreciated but i could not get in her office because she is at work so it was a case of offering up the end section to give me an idea of what i have to move :shakehead: .

I have extra lights at each corner up top incase the lead ever pulled out while towing a work light in the center and to top it off there is internal lights with a small fan in the corner to keep my St Bernard cool for when it get's a tad warm inside.

Giving myself a challenge :stars: yep! that is normally the case and i never make anything easy for myself but when it is fitted i will have beaten the one thing in life that has a habit of trying to beat me and that's just plain old numbers to some but confusion to me :thud: .

With Janie back from work she had an idea of me going shopping with her :aaagh: but now back from shopping and had a bit of tucker she has gone to rest her head after i really :stars: but having said that i have :stars: myself so tomorrow is another day to read proper measurements that sort of ring a bell if nothing else :laugh: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat:
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:39 pm

must admit my work light got evicted and also my rear interior light. Is your roof lined or not as mine is a safari roof and I found head lining got in the way and also the alpine window meant one of the supports had to be moved forward as I can't seem to drill glass without braking it :)
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 pm

G'day matey, everything you mentioned i have :thud: but i won't be beaten :laugh: where there is a will there is a way i also have the patience of a saint because anything i do or at least try to is far from standard.

I can master just about anything with pictures and measurements combined but measurements along with writing is out of my league i am afraid however after bothering Robin in a couple of days he is going to do the above to help me out unless anyone comes forward of course :whistle: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :embarassed: .
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:44 pm

I can post more pictures of mine if it helps
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:26 pm

G'day matey, if it is in feet and inches and the measurements shown on a picture that would be great please and save Robin but to help you understand my situation it is not that i am thick i just lost the understanding and reasoning part of my brain many moons ago when i was very ill which Robin is well aware of.

The offer of your help is really appreciated :gold: . Catch you later Brad :tiphat:
woollen797

Post by woollen797 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:12 pm

sorry been away with very little internet the last 2 weeks. did you manage to get sorted?
romanyrose

Post by romanyrose » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:16 am

G'day matey, yes Robin has sorted me thanks with the picture/measurements of how it fit's a normal top but i have yet to put it ni practice against my roof that has all the differences that from what i gather yours has :shrug: .

Having spent TWO days fitting a seal in my front diff then replacing the prop shaft then wondering why she was still wondering with the steering when driving only to discover the arm on the bottom of the steering relay was very loose wobbling all over but that was my fault having pushed myself to much :embarassed: but then looking at the threads in the nut it is now in the bin along with the bolt.

I can now take my time because the dead line i set myself for the show has gone so i am back to just tinkering but my truck is at last on the road :nana: .

Catch you later. R-Rose :tiphat: